Door hinge pins

• Nmp
    Participant
    # 3 months, 3 weeks ago

We just bought a new 2017 Tiger Moth. Bought it in Michigan and drove it home to Virginia. 600 miles. When we got home we noticed the hinge pins on the back door had almost fallen out. Taxa never replied to my email. Anyone else have this happen? Are there better replacement pins, or are we on our own to find new pins? Thanks.

• jonanscher
    Participant
    # 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Best bet is to go through your local dealer. Did you buy it new or used? If new, your dealer can work with TAXA on a warranty replacement. If used, you can still contact a dealer or TAXA directly to try to replace them. They also might be easily replaceable at a hardware store. I’m not sure what particular part is loose. A picture might help.

• Nmp
    Participant
    # 3 months, 3 weeks ago

As I mentioned, we bought it new. The dealer is 600 miles away. Contacted Taxa. No reply. We can do a fix. Just was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if Taxa addressed it.

• jonanscher
    Participant
    # 3 months, 2 weeks ago

I’d still try to contact your dealer. They may be willing to mail it to you, and they may have more luck getting through to TAXA. My communications with TAXA are hit and miss. I get about half of my inquiries responded to. My dealer is rock solid though, and they will handle warranty claims for your Moth (assuming they are a good dealer).

• dmajor
    Participant
    # 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Late reply, but we also had this issue. I talked to Taxa directly and they sent replacement door hinges to our dealer who then installed them for us. The bottom part of the hinge should be crimped and ours wasnt for whatever reason.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.